Monday, November 13, 2023

Senior FAQ: Can I take more than 19 credits? How/when can I get permission?

Q: I heard it's possible for students to get permission from their adviser to take more than 19 credits. Is that true, and if so, how/when can I get permission?

A: Yes, in rare cases, and only once the semester has begun. You may request adviser permission* for more than 19 credits only during the final registration period (Jan 16-26 for spring 2024), using this new online form.

*Please note that these requests will only be granted for urgent reasons, such as completion of a major, a minor, or for graduation requirements.

 

Q: What if I get in off a waitlist that puts me over the limit?

A: If you are removed from a waitlist and temporarily find yourself in more than 19 credits, you will need to drop the "extra" class or receive approval to exceed the limit 


Warning: if you neither request permission nor drop below 19 credits, the registrar will drop you from the most recently added class.