Thursday, October 19, 2023

Senior FAQ: When will I get my diploma? What's on it? How can I verify my graduation for a job or grad school?

When and how will I get my diploma?

Diplomas are sent approximately 8 weeks after the degree is awarded, to the address you provided when you submitted the Graduation Application. 

 

What if a grad school or an employer needs to verify my graduation before then?

An official transcript issued after degree conferral will confirm your graduation and/or you can request a verification letter from the registrar if needed.  Helpful links:

 

What's on my diploma?

Barnard diplomas are signed by both the Barnard College President and the Columbia University President and carry the official seals of both institutions.  The diploma lists the degree earned (Bachelor of Arts) and any Latin honors received (summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude). Majors, minors, and departmental graduation honors appear on the Barnard transcript but not on the diploma.

Diplomas are in Latin and come with a translation on a separate sheet in case you are not fluent in Latin.